There are times when I am overwhelmed with all the things that I don’t have. I let life beat me down a little bit and forget to focus on all the good that I have around me. As single moms we need to learn to stop and smell the roses more often. It’s important to take the time to focus on the beauty of life. It’s also important to remember to take care of yourself!
- Hair, nails, make-up: take some time to pamper yourself. If you can’t afford to get to a salon then pamper yourself at home.
- Exercise: I’m a lazy bones when it comes to fitness but I have learned that a little bit of exercise each day makes a huge difference in my mood
- Healthy diet: you are what you eat. When I eat nothing but junk for days I feel awful.
- Rest: You must get enough sleep at night. There are all kinds of health benefits but mostly it will keep you from being a cranky woman the next day.
- Church/fellowship: You need the support of the body of Christ. Get to a church where you feel His presence and love
- Bible study: Just do it! If you need some help managing your quiet time I have a few tips for you.
- Prayer: Daily talks with God are so essential to having peace during the day
- Counseling if needed: sometimes we need an outside person to help us get over the rough patches and that’s ok!
- Support groups: We need community! Get a group of women to help lift you up and that you can encourage as well.
- Heal: Take the time that you need to heal from your hurts.
Here’s what I’ve learned in the last few months: I set the tone for my family. When you take the time to find peace for your soul, that peace will overflow into every area of your life. When I am feeling relaxed and supported I can be there for other women and my children. When I feel great about myself then I can I be a blessing to someone else. And when I am spending time with God I can experience His peace that passes all understanding.
LaToya is a single, homeschooling mom of two bouncing boys. She lives for the quiet moments of the day which are few and far between with two rambunctious young men running around the house. She strives each day to life fully for God and although she often falls short she is determined to stay the course. She wants to encourage women to follow God’s direction for their lives no matter the circumstances. You can keep up with LaToya on her blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.